WHAT YOU WILL LEARN!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN!
There are 3 levels of training, each adds new things and makes commands you have learnt harder.
· Watch command - focusing your dog.
· Release command – letting your dog know an exercise is finished.
· Positions – sit, down and stand.
· Walk on a loose lead – good manners on the lead, working in the hall.
· Wait and recall – teach you dog to wait until called
· Grooming and inspection – getting you dog used to being handled and touched all over.
· Stay command –stay in a position for 1 minute at a distance of 5 paces until you return to the dog and release them.
· Controlled walk with distractions – teaching your dog to focus on you not other dogs or people.
· Control at door – dog to wait in any position at the door (whilst you go through) until you call him through.
· Leave it command – leaving a piece of food until you tell the dog to take it.
· A trick – just for fun.
· Questions – 6 basic questions about your dog, including its care and its breed.
· Road walk – walk on road/pavement with dog walking on a loose lead and under control.
· Control in vehicle – the dog should enter and exit vehicle in a safe way.
· Wait and recall – dog must wait whilst you move 10 paces away with your back turned to him and when commanded return to you and sit whilst the lead is put back on.
· Come away from distractions – distractions will be other dogs and people, toys and food! Your dog must be released off lead and called away with no hesitation.
· Food manners – no stealing or begging whilst the owner is eating.
· Stay down – stay in one place in a down for 2 minutes, the owner must be 5 paces away and when instructed to will move as directed whilst keeping the dog in a stay.
· Controlled greeting – when approached by another person to greet the owner the dog must not jump up at them.
· Examination of the dog – the dog needs to be inspected by another person without undue struggling or fuss.
· Play – The owner should be able to play with the dog and when instructed be able to get the dog to drop its toy.
· A trick – just for fun, your choice.
· Questions – 6 questions about your dog' needs and your responsibilities as a dog owner.
· Road walk– walk on road with dog walking on a loose lead and under control, with distractions and changes of pace.
· Wait and return to handlers side– dog must wait whilst you move 10 paces away with your back turned to him and when commanded come to your side and continue walking with you by your side.
· Walk close to handler – dog to walk off lead close to the owner, for a distance specified by instructor with several changes of direction and pace.
· Control with food – a bowl of food is to be put down, and the dogs is to leave it until the owner commands him otherwise.
· Send away – send the dog to bed
· Emergency stop – the dog will be moving towards you and you must be able to stop him immediately at a distance of at least 5 paces from you.
· Stay down – stay in one place in a down for 2 minutes, the owner must be 5 paces away and when instructed to will move out of sight for at least 30 seconds whilst keeping the dog in a stay.
· Settle – Your dog should be settled whilst you tie him up and leave him for 2 minutes.
· A trick – your dog must perform another trick not previously used on other tests.
· Questions – 7 question about your responsibilities as a dog owner.