VIMPNEYS ORCHARD, WARTH LANE, ARLINGHAM &
HAPPY HOUNDS NEW ORCHARD, PASSAGE ROAD, ARLINGHAM GLOUCESTER
PLEASE NOTE…… IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE YOUR DOG HAS THIRD PARTY LIABILITY INSURANCE. YOU USE THE SECURE FIELDS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND NO RESPONSIBILITY CAN BE ACCEPTED BY MYSELF OR THE LAND OWNER FOR ANY INJURY CAUSED TO YOU, ANYONE ACCOMPANYING YOU, OR YOUR DOG/S.
CHILDREN MUST BE KEPT UNDER CLOSE CONTROL AND NOT ALLOWED TO CLIMB OR DAMAGE THE TREES, OR BE ALLOWED NEAR THE POND WITHOUT AN ADULT SUPERVISING!
THE ORCHARD IS AT THE STAGE NOW WHERE THE FRUIT CAN BE HARVESTED, THIS WILL MEAN THAT FOR A FEW WEEKS IN THE AUTUMN THE ORCHARD WILL BE CLOSED TO VISITORS. DATES WILL BE CONFIRMED DEPENDING ON THE FRUIT.
THE FIELD WILL ALSO CLOSE FOR A FEW WEEKS OVER THE SUMMER TO HARVEST THE GRASS AND CROPS. DATES WILL BE CONFIRMED DEPENDING ON THE CROPS.
**Please be aware there are now several cameras in the field. These are in place for security reasons, to make sure there is no misuse of the field, For example…….sharing without permission, dogs digging holes in the field, bags of poo being thrown in the trees, excessive barking, theft ect.
• To book a time slot after your first visit has been done, please go to www.rockhamptonhappyhoundsdogtraining.co.uk and onto the secure dog field page, select the field you want and book. The code for your booking will be sent to you the day before.
• The field is booked to individuals on a one hour slot basis, so please do not turn up as you like, it’s unfair on the paying prebooked customers and their dogs. To do so defeats the object of the booking system – particularly for those people who have dogs that don’t want to or can’t, for whatever reason, be exercised with other dogs. All bookings require a minimum of 48 hours notice.
• NO SHARED BOOKING WITHOUT PERMISSION! I need to know of all cars and users in my fields. Shared bookings for the orchard are not allowed except in exceptional circumstances.
• If you’re unable to attend your booking you need to cancel it on line (minimum 24 hours notice). If not cancelled 24 hours before you will not be refunded.
• Before you can use the fields you will need to arrange a first visit with me and I will need to see an up to date vaccination card or titre test for your dog. This applies to every dog that is in the field at any time, so please ensure any dogs belonging to friends have filled in and signed the forms. You are allowed a maximum of three of your own dogs. Any additional dogs will be charged for at an extra £2 per dog. I may turn up at the gate at any time to check the field is being used correctly!
• On your first visit to the fields I will meet you. I will show you around, you will have to decide if the fields are secure enough for your dogs. I will show you were to park, show you how to use the padlock, and show you the facilities. After that, each time you book you will be given the combination to the lock (this will change regulary) to enter the fields yourself.
• Please drive slowly and respectfully through the village, it is a farming community and therefore there are children, dogs, farm animals, tractors and other slow moving vehicles. If you could keep your speed to below the limit it will keep villagers happy. Warth lane has several sharp bends with agricultural traffic and pedestrians on it, keep your speed very low. You must move for the tractors!
• Please do not let your dog out of the car until you have shut and padlocked the gate! For your own and your dog’s safety always padlock the gate and scramble the combination so no one else can enter.
• The field will be let out an hourly rate paid in advance through the booking system, any booking cancelled with less than 24 hours will be non- refundable.
• There will be 15 minutes between each user, thus giving you plenty of time to get your car out and padlock the gate again without seeing the next customer.
• Please ensure you lock the gate behind you and scramble the numbers so unauthorised people cannot gain access.
We will provide water bowls (please bring your own water as there is no supply in the field).
When you are leaving YOU MUST REPLACE THE CHAIN AND PADLOCK AND SCRAMBLE THE CODE!
• Please be considerate to other users and ensure you exit the field in a timely manner so not to overlap into their allocated time. We realise that on occasions this cross over may occur, DO NOT just leave the padlock open because there is a person on the outside of the gate. Get them to confirm the correct code to you before letting them in. If they cannot confirm the code then lock and scramble the padlock as per the instructions above and ask them to call me directly on 07821975187.
Please inform me straight away if you come across any problems with the field.
Please ensure you bring along a supply of poo bags and dispose of used ones by taking them away and disposing of at home to keep the field nice and clean for everyone who uses it. Don’t forget to take your general rubbish away with you
EACH SHED HAS 1ST AID KITS IN IN CASE OF INJURY TO YOU OR YOUR DOGS!
Please note…..The older trees in the Orchard are up to 100 years old and slowly dying off, please DO NOT climb or hang from them or damage them in any way, and on windy days keep your distance from them. The younger tress were all planted in 2014, again please do not damage these trees or allow your dogs to dig or damage them.
WE HOPE YOU AND YOUR DOGS HAVE FUN AND ENJOY
YOUR TIME AT THE FIELD.
And finally, a couple of points worth noting
• On entering the field (after the gate is securely locked behind you) you may wish to walk your dog on lead around the perimeter of the field first, then they should realise there is a fence there, plus it will warm their muscles up before a run. There may be rabbits or other wildlife, therefore it would be much appreciated if you could take the time to let them know your there by making some noise and give them a chance to get out of the way.
• If your dog is wearing a loose collar, tassels or anything dangly it would be a good idea to remove them, leaving their ID tag on – it is pretty amazing the positions their legs assume when they’re running free and we don’t want them getting tangled up.
• The Red Lion pub is just around the corner from the field if you fancy refreshments and food and is dog friendly.